What methods of transport does Cathay Pacific provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Only domesticated dogs, cats and birds are allowed (fighting dogs are not accepted).
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight.
- The kennel meets all requirements (see below for more information).
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel as checked baggage, or you want your pet to travel unaccompanied, contact Cathay Pacific Cargo for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Cathay Pacific will provide you with applicable fees (based on combined size and weight of animal and kennel) when you make your reservation.
What are the kennel requirements?
Below are some of Cathay Pacific's kennel requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
What health documentation is required?
Many Countries do require health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian or local Embassy to ensure
Are there any other restrictions?
Cathay Pacific can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.