What is Jeju Air baggage policy?
The Jeju baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 personal item - Fee free
- 1 carry-on item – Allowance depends on destination.
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage - Applicable fees per bag applied depending on destination.
- Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories.
- Sports equipment - Certain items might have applicable fees.
Please click here for more information.
What is Jeju Air carry-on baggage policy?
Jeju Air allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free.
Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 45 linear inches (22 x 16 x 8 in) or 115 centimeters (55 x 40 x 20 cm) including handles and wheels
- 10kg maximum
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Personal item should:
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. This includes: a bag (small), cloths such as coat, blanket, small digital devices, reasonable volume of books, baby items (baby carriage separately)
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Jeju Air checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Jeju standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
- Domestic Flights- there is one free bag for all adult and children passengers (no free baggage for infant)
Weight: up to 15kgs/ 33lbs
Size: up to 203cm/ 80 inches (width + height + depth)
- International Flights (except routes to/from America)- Allows one free bag to regular and special adults and children and infants
Regular – Weight: up to 20kg/ 44 lbs; Size: up to 203cm/ 80 inche (width +height + depth)
Special – Weight: up to 15kg/ 33 lbs; Size: up to 203cm/ 80 inche (width +height + depth)
Infant – Weight: up to 10kg/ 22 lbs: Size: up to 203cm/ 80 inche (width +height + depth)
- International Flights to/from America (Guam/Saipan) – Allows two free bags for all regular, special, saver adults, children, and one bag for infants
Regular/ Special/ Saver – Weight: up to 23kg/ 51lbs; Size: up to 273 cm/ 107 inches for two pieces combined (width + height + depth)
Infant - Weight: up to 10kg/ 22 lbs: Size: up to 203cm/ 80 inche (width +height + depth)
Are there fees for baggage on Jeju Air?
Yes, fees apply to baggage that exceeds the free baggage allowance, excess baggage charges are applied. Fees are determined by the type of fare you purchase and your destination.
Jeju Air standard checked baggage / hold luggage incur fees that are equal to the excess baggage fees. Please see below.
What is Jeju Air fee for excess baggage?
Jeju Air will charge differing fees depending on your destination.
- Domestic Flights – 2,000 KRW/kg ($1.86 USD/kg)
- International Flights:
America (Guam/ Saipan) – 50,000 KRW/piece ($50 USD/ piece); up to 23kgs/ 50 lbs
Except Flights to/from America – 40,000 KRW- 80,000 KRW ($40- 80 USD); up to 15kgs/ 33 lbs
NOTE: If a bag is over this weight additional excess baggage charge will apply.
What is Jeju Air fee for overweight baggage?
Jeju Air will charge the following for bags that are greater than the standard 50 pounds for International flights to/from America or 33 pounds or 15 kilograms for International flights except flights to/from America:
- International Flights to/from America-
23- 32kgs: an additional 50,000 KRW/ $50 USD fee will be incurred
- International Flights except for flights to/from America-
16-23kgs: an additional 30,000 KRW/ $30 USD- 70,000 KRW/ $70 USD will be incurred
24-32kgs: an additional 40,000 KRW/ $40 USD – 80,000 KRW/ $80 USD will be incurred
NOTE: Charges are based on the total weight per piece, not the weight exceeded. Charges for excess weight will vary depending on your destination.
NOTE: If you depart from a country other than Korea, you can pay only with the local currency.
What is Jeju Air fee for oversize baggage?
Jeju Air allows baggage that is less than 32kgs and has a size smaller than 277cm (sum of width X length X height). Fees will vary depending on destination and weight.
NOTE: If baggage exceeds 32 kgs it is required to be shipped separately.
Are there fees for sports equipment on Jeju Air?
Yes. Jeju Air applies a special baggage fee regardless of free allowance of baggage. 10,000 KRW/ $10 USD is applied to bicycles, surfboard, windsurfing, ski, and snowboarding. Golf and Musical equipment have differing fees.
Jeju Air offers a 'Sports Membership'. Members get discounted fees on sport items on an annual basis.
NOTE: Sports equipment may be denied if the packaging is greater than the limitation.