What methods of transport does JetBlue provide for my pet?
Pets can travel in the passenger cabin.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight.
- Only domesticated dogs and cats are allowed.
- The kennel is specifically made for animal carriage and does not exceed 17in x 12.5in x 8.5in(length x width x height) in its dimensions or weigh more than 20 lb/9 kg (including animal).
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- Fee for animal in the passenger cabin: $125 each way
What health documentation is required?
All pets must have all necessary vaccinations and documentation, ID tags, and a pet license.
If traveling to the Dominican Republic or the Bahamas a health certificate, issued from a licensed veterinarian, is required. A rabies certificate may also be required. Some states require additional health documents. Passengers should consult the airline, their veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that their animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions?
jetBlue can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior or poor kenneling.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.
How do I make a reservation for my pet?
Only a certain number of pets are allowed on each flight, so make sure to book your pet early by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583)