Carry-On Allowance: 1 piece
All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. In addition to a personal item (overcoat, laptop, purse) Economy Class passengers are allowed one carry-on bag whose dimensions (length + height + width) does not exceed 115 cm/45 ins and which does not weigh more than 7 kg/15 lbs. First/Business Class passengers are allowed to carry two bags of the same perameters.
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 66 lb/30 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Business Class Passengers: 88 lb/40 kg total
- Maximum Weight for First Class Passengers: 110 lb/50 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 50 lb/23 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Business Class Passengers: 70 lb/32 kg total
- Maximum Weight for First Class Passengers: 70 lb/32 kg total
Enrich Platinum members are entitled to an extra 100% baggage allowance over and above their regular baggage allowance.
Enrich Gold members are entitled to an extra 50% baggage allowance over and above their regular baggage allowance.
Enrich Silver members are allowed an additional 11 lb/5 kg extra checked baggage allowance for the respective class of travel.
Excess Baggage Fees
Fees apply to each 11 lb/5 kg of extra baggage.
- Within Peninsular Malaysia/within Sabah/Sarawak: MYR 40
- Crossing between Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah/Sarawak: MYR 50
- Between Malaysia and ASEAN countries: MYR 60
- South Asia and China: MYR 85
- North Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East: MYR 95
- Europe: MYR 135
For Economy Class, baggage weighing over 50 lb/23 kg and up to 70 lb/32 kg, passengers will be charged $25 per piece for the first 2 pieces.
Some sports equipment, because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements will be charged an excess fee even if the equipment replaces one of your allowed baggage pieces. Contact Malaysia Airlines directly for more information.
Infants (on 10% tickets) are allotted one bag with maximum dimensions of 45 in/115cm, which may be carried as cabin baggage, and one fully collapsible baby pushchair or stroller or carrying basket. The weight of the allowed items may not exceed 22 lb/10 kg in total.