What methods of transport does RwandAir (WB) provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area
What are the kennel requirements for transporting a pet on RwandAir (WB)?
In addition to the size and weight maximums kennels must meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite
- Contain absorbent material or litter
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals
- Be closed securely, but not locked
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position
What health documentation is required for transporting a pet on RwandAir (WB)?
RwandAir (WB) requires s health certificate, administered by a veterinarian, that is no more than 30 days old. Some countries require additional health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the country’s authorities to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions for transporting a pet on RwandAir (WB)?
RwandAir (WB) can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Service animals traveling on RwandAir (WB).
Please contact a representative at RwandAir (WB) directly for detailed information about traveling with a service animal.