What methods of transport does Uzbekistan Airways provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
A health certificate is required when transporting your pet according to the rules and regulations of the country of departure, arrival or transit. Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Pets which fit into a small or medium sized pet pack (max.8 kg with cage/container) can be carried into the passenger cabin.
Otherwise, you can ship your pet as cargo.
NOTE: Service dogs can be carried into the passenger cabin of the aircraft in collar and muzzle with no limitation in mass. For a Service Dog to travel with you in the aircraft cabin you must provide evidence of your disability.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage, or you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied, you can contact the Cargo Department via telephone at (+998) 71-140-20-93, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
To calculate the amount to be paid, the weight of the animal/bird is measured together with the container and food and is multiplied by the applicable baggage fare with an increasing factor of two provided by the automated systems for sale (GDS) and shipment management (DCS).
NOTE: guide dogs for blind or deaf passengers are carried free of charge, in case of availability of the passenger's relevant medical certificate
What are the kennel requirements?
In addition to the size and weight maximums kennels must meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
Uzbekistan Airways requires s health certificate, administered by a veterinarian, that is no more than 30 days old. Some States and Countries require additional health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.