The following items may also be carried free of charge:
- 1 coat, jacket, or blanket
- 1 umbrella or walking stick
- 1 handbag
- 1 small camera or set of binoculars
- Children up to 2 years of age: 1 baby carrier, child car seat or fully collapsible stroller (folded approximately the size of an umbrella)
All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. You must be able to lift your carry-on into the overhead storage without assistance.
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Checked Baggage Allowance
All flights (except flights to/from USA and Canada)
- Business Class: 30 kg
- Economy Class: 20 kg
- Children up to 2 years of age: 10 kg
- Business Class HON-Circle Members/Senators* and Star Gold Card Holders**: 50 kg
- Economy Class HON-Circle Members/Senators*, Star Gold Card Holders** and Frequent Travelers: 40 kg
*HON-Circle Members/Senators: plus 1 small item of sports equipment (max. 15 kg in weight and 1.40 m long) or 1 golf bag (max. 15 kg)
**Star Gold Card Holders: 1 golf bag (max. 15 kg) free of charge if within the specified free checked baggage allowance
To/from USA and Canada
- Business Class: 2 bags, 32 kg each
- Economy Class: 2 bags, 23 kg each
- Children up to 2 years of age: 1 bag, 23 kg
- Business Class HON-Circle Members/Senators and Star Gold Card Holders: 3 bags, 32 kg each
- Economy Class HON-Circle Members/Senators and Star Gold Card Holders: 3 bags, 22 kg each
A single item may not be heavier than 32 kg or exceed total dimensions of 158 cm (length + width + height), otherwise it cannot be transported as checked baggage. Any larger or heavier items must be shipped as cargo.
If you are traveling with excess baggage, please notify Austrian Airlines in advance +43 (0)5 1766 1000 so the airline can reserve sufficient space for it.
Different free baggage allowances apply on charter flights. For more information, contact your tour operator.
CPAPs are allowed on board as long as you abide by the following conditions: provide a minimum 48 hours advance notification before departure to firstname.lastname@example.org please provide: name, flight and date or your reservation reference number and brand and exact type of the device and which kind of batteries/rechargeable batteries are used and your request (permanent or partial/standby use). Please contact email@example.com for any further information.