What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Avianca’s Unaccompanied Minor Service provides assistance to help check-in and board the minor onto the aircraft. From the time the minor is handed to the airline, an Avianca employee is with the minor at all times until they are successfully delivered to their destination. Once onboard the aircraft, the minor is taken care of if any special needs arise. Once at the final destination, the minor is accompanied through immigration processes and baggage claim until they are safely delivered to the designated person picking them up.
What are the rules and restrictions for Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- The adult responsible for the minor must accompany the minor to the counter at the origin and/or the destination airport.
- The adult at the origin airport must inform Avianca personnel of the information of the person picking up the minor at the destination airport.
- The adult responsible for the minor must check with the Department of Immigration in the countries of origin/destination in regards to requirements or permits required for the minor’s entry and exit.
- On the day of the flight, arrive at the airport with the minor 2 hours prior to departure for flights in Colombia, and arrive 3 hours prior to departure for all international flights.
- Passengers over 60 years old and adults who require supervision have the option of using this service.
Is this service available on all flights?
- All children travelling with Avianca alone between the ages of 5-11 years must purchase this service.
- Children between the ages of 5-14 years travelling to/from the USA must use the Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- Children between the ages of 5-17 years travelling to/from Panama must use the Unaccompanied Minor Service.
What are the fees associated with this service?
For unaccompanied minors:
- Flights to the USA/ Canada: USD $115 (EUR 88)
- Flights within Latin America: USD $90 (EUR 69)
- Domestic flights in Peru: USD $15 (EUR 11)
- Domestic flights in Guatemala and Honduras: USD $30 (EUR 27)
- Domestic flights within Colombia: COP 25,000 (EUR 10)
For supervised adults:
- Flights in Colombia: COP 25,000 (EUR 10)
- Flights to all other destinations: USD $75 (EUR 57)
*Additional taxes may apply
How do I book this service?
Adults responsible for the supervised minor can book this service while making the reservation in order to ensure availability on the specified flight.