Does China Southern Airlines have online check-in?
Yes, China Southern's Web Check-in allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your flight departs. All you need is an internet connection and a printer!
Check-in now for your China Southern Airlines flight
What are the requirements for using Web Check-in?
- Check-in 1-24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
- Your flight is NOT a codeshare.
- You are not a special needs passenger (i.e. unaccompanied minor).
- Online Check-in is currently unavailable for certain connecting flights and all flights to/from Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan.
- Online Check-in is unavailable for routes that contain a mix of domestic and international routes.
- Parents and guardians can not check in accompanied minors. Only the passenger with valid adult e-ticket of CSN can check in online.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags, etc.
Can I use Web Check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, you will be able to print your boarding pass at home but will have to drop your bags at a China Southern Airlines bag drop-off or China Southern Airlines check-in counter at the airport before the cut-off time.
Can I change/select my seat with Web Check-in?
Yes, when you use Web Check-in you can:
- Change/Select your seat.
Does China Southern Airlines have SMS check-in?
Yes, China Southern Airlines offers SMS check-in. Check-in SMS is a way that passengers can check-in by sending and accepting short messages. The nationally unified hotline of CSN is 95539. At present, the first phrase check-in SMS only applies to individual adult passengers travelling on CSN domestic direct and non code-sharing flights.
The following cities have SMS check-in available: Beijing, Changchun, Changsha, Chengdu, Dalian, Guangzhou, Guilin, Guiyang, Harbin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Nanchang, Nanjing, Nanning, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai Hongqiao, Shanghai Pudong, Shenzhen, Shenyang, Urumchi, Wuhan, Xi’an, Xiamen, Zhengzhou, Chongqing, Zhuhai.
SMS check-in is available from 2:00 pm before the day of planned departure to one hour before the planned departure.
It is also available from 2:00 pm two days before the planned departure to one hour before the planned departure for Changchun and Wuhan airports.
To check-in via SMS send “ZJ” or “?” to 95539, then follow the SMS prompts step by step. You will receive confirmation messages about flight and seat later on. With the valid documents, you can get the formal boarding check at the counter before the departure.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
- China Southern Airlines recommends you arrive at the airport 60 minutes before your flight's scheduled departure.
- The cut-off time for checking in is 30 minutes before scheduled departure time.
If traveling to/from the U.S:
- China Southern Airlines recommends you arrive at the airport 90 minutes before your flight's scheduled departure.
- The cut-off time for checking in is 45 minutes before scheduled departure time.
When do I need to be at the boarding gate?
- Within China: at least 20 minutes before flight departure time
- International passengers: at least 30 minutes before flight departure time (some international destinations will require more time)