What methods of transport does China Southern Airlines provide for my pet?
China Southern Airlines does not allow animals in the cabin except guide dogs. However, China Southern Airlines allows registered pets to be shipped as cargo in a pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
In order to ship a pet as cargo, the following criteria must be met:
- You have to sign an agreement for undertaking the risk of animal death.
- The pet must be provided with effective health certificate and proof of rabies immunization, as well as the documents required in small animal transportation of countries along the way.
If you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied or have any questions regarding the transportation of pets, contact China Southern Airlines for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Small animals will be charged as common overweight baggage. The small animal's container can not be counted into the baggage allowance.
As to the flight courses applying piece concept, the animal will be charged twice the rate of common overweight baggage.
Dogs trained to help the blind, mute, or deaf can be counted into the baggage allowance.
Transportation of small pets is not available for issuing the declared value.
What are the kennel requirements?
In addition to the size and weight maximums, the USDA and China Southern Airlines may require that kennels meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
China Southern Airlines requires that the pet must have a health certificate, proof of rabies immunization, quarantine certificates, and if the pet is being taken abroad, animal import license and transfer license. Some States and Countries require additional health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions?
China Southern Airlines can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
For additional details and information on transporting your pet, please phone China Southern Airlines at 020-8613-8533.