What methods of transport does Croatia Airlines (OU) provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Eligible to travel to the country destination in accordance with the country’s rules and regulations
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight
- Only domesticated dogs and cats are allowed
- Dogs and cats are at least 8 weeks old and have been weaned for at least 5 days before departure
- The kennel is specifically made for animal carriage and not exceed 55x40x20 cm (45x35x25 cm on flights operated with Bombardier CRJ-1000 equipment)
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight
- The kennel meets all requirements (see below for more information)
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage, or you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied, contact the Croatia Airlines Contact Centre (+385 1 66 76 555) for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Current fees start at HRK250. Fees increase with size and destinations. Please check the Croatia Airlines website or contact the Croatia Airlines Contact Centre (+385 1 66 76 555) for additional information.
What are the kennel requirements?
In addition to the size and weight maximums kennels must meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
Croatia Airlines (OU) requires s health certificate, administered by a veterinarian, that is no more than 30 days old. Some States and Countries require additional health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the appropriate country’s authority to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions?
Croatia Airlines (OU) may refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Brachycepahic animals - dogs and cats with very short noses – may not travel in cargo holds of flights operated with Bombardier CRJ-1000 aircraft.
Please contact the Croatia Airlines Contact Centre (+385 1 66 76 555) directly for information about traveling with a service animal.