What methods of transport does Tunisair (TU) provide for my pet?
Pets can travel in the cabin or as checked baggage. Tunisair only allows dogs, cats and birds onboard their flights, and does not carry Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Bower Bulls and Tosa Inus.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets may travel as checked baggage if they do not exceed 32 kg including their container. The container must be labled with the owner's name and address. The container must be undamaged and contain no hay or straw.
Does my pet qualify to travel in the cabin?
Small pets may carried in the cabin provided they do not exceed 8 kg, including their container. The container must meet all requirements. This weight limit does not apply to guide dogs to blind and deaf passengers. They must not be an inconvenience to other passengers.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Pets cannot be included in a passenger's baggage allowance. The fees are as follows:
- Flights between Tunisia and North Africa and Europe:
- Pets travelling in the cabin: TND 50
- Pets travelling in the hold: TND 75
- Flights between Tunisia and Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey and Russia:
- Pets travelling in the cabin: TND 75
- Pets travelling in the hold: TND 100/li>
- Flights between Tunisia and the Middle East and West Africa:
- Pets travelling in the cabin: TND 100
- Pets travelling in the hold: TND 125
- Flights between Europe, Africa, the Middle East and North America via Tunisia:
- Pets travelling in the cabin: TND 125
- Pets travelling in the hold: TND 150
What are the kennel requirements?
The kennel's dimensions must not exceen 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. It must be solid and provide adequate ventilation. Passengers travelling with birds must keep their bird in a cage with a reliable lock, must make sure that food and water are not prone to tipping, and must keep the cage covered at all times. Pets travelling in the cabin must travel in a container with robustness, floor sealing, closure and aeration appropriate to the animal and its size.
What health documentation is required?
Pets are required to travel with all necessary documents, including health certificates and vaccinations, for all countries included in the itinerary. All documents must be valid and signed by the proper health authorities.
How do I make arrangements to travel with my pet?
You must request to travel with your pet when making your reservation, at least 48 hours prior to departure. If you are purchasing your ticket online you may email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Tunisair Special Reservation Service at 81 10 77 77 or (+216) 70101300
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.