Carry-On Allowance: 1 Small Bag + 1 Personal Item
The carry-on bag must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 23 cm x 34 cm x 48 cm (105 linear cm/41 in)
- Maximum Combined Carry-on Weight: 7 kg/15 lb
Suit pack or garment bag must be non rigid/unfolded and must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 11 cm x 60 cm x 114 cm (185 linear cm/73 in).
In addition, the following items are allowed:
- Laptop computer, a handbag, pocketbook or purse
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket
- An umbrella without metal points, or walking stick
- A small camera or pair of binoculars
- Infant food for consumption in flight
- A pair of crutches or prosthetic devices for your use, provided that you are dependant on them for mobility
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during takeoff and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Check in limits vary for domestic and international flights. For Domestic flights the allowance also varies by the fare type. It is best to check the Virgin Australia website for current policy
Excess & Oversized Baggage
- You are allowed to check-in oversized baggage if each item does not exceed 32 kg in weight and if it is heavier than 32 kg, it must be shipped as freight.
- Non-Standard baggage items that are not Sporting Equipment or Infant items are weighed at check-in and charged according to their actual weight. This includes musical instruments
- Wheelchair/mobility aid is free of charge if required for personal use
- Eligible to check-in 1 car seat or booster seat, per child travelling, free of charge
For more details on excess baggage charges by route, visit Virgin Australia's International Excess Baggage Charges Chart.
CPAPs are permitted, but only specific models. For more information please see the following link.